Courtesy of Mark Allen, Whiskey Bar
- ¼ ounce honey syrup (see recipe below)
- 1 generous pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 ounces Koenig Seven Devils Bourbon
- 1½ ounces freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- Grapefruit wedge and cinnamon stick for garnish
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add all ingredients except for the garnish. Shake vigorously for 30, seconds until well chilled. Strain into an Old Fashioned glass filled with ice, garnish with grapefruit wedge and cinnamon stick and serve.
Dissolve 4 parts honey in 1 part warm water. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator. If storing, add ¼ shot of high-proof rum (recommended: Lemon Hart 151 Demerara Rum) for every 8 ounces of syrup, to keep the mixture from fermenting.